WA - Warlock Armor

DoT - Damage over Time
    DD - Direct Damage
    AoE - Area of Effect
    PBAoE - Point Blank Area of Effect

Soul Build

Base Build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...hc00o.xx0G0VVx

Suggested Full Build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...hckoo.xx0G0VVx

I chose this build as from my research it offers the highest HPS and also quite possibly DPS in raids. Reasons for not taking other souls instead of Warlock was that the warlock brings a lot that affects healing:

25% more Charge generation
    10% chance on spellcast to proc an instant
    5% more spell crit
    20% more spell damage

The third soul is personal preference. I chose dominator just for transmogrify, in case I pull aggro from a trans-able mob.
    Points taken in the base build are in Green, points not needed are in Red, Orange points are optional.

Chloromancer Tree

Tier 1

Natural Awareness
    You are always casting life spells, 25% more int gives you more spell power, mana, and crit.

Accelerated Growth
    5% more life damage equates to 5% more healing.

Tier 2

Empowered Veil
    EV is your charge-drainer, so 9% more damage on this is very good. 80% more healing from LGV is a no brainer as this is your main source of healing. Additionally a radius increase of 15 yards, taking it to 35, is great for raiding.

Nature's Corrosion

Gives both VS and Ruin a DoT effect for 100% of their damage, over 6 seconds. This ticks 3 times, every 2 seconds. LGV gains 60% of the first tick of any (life) DoT in healing directly, it's reduced for other damage types. So in effect this will increase your healing from VS and Ruin by 19.8%

Healing Slipstream
    Making your two healing spells instant is very important, it gives you a fast response heal and also brings the start of your next cast that little bit closer.

Bloom

Your only single target heal with no side effects.

Tier 3

Circle of Life
    I did not primarily take this talent, as Bloom is a 10 second cooldown, Flourish is on a 20 second cooldown. It is not often that you cast a bloom or flourish, so this talent is not often used. You should be keeping your damage rotation up as much as possible. The use I see for this talent is when you have recently used ES on your target and you then have a higher chance to crit on your heals (while your damage is dramatically decreased for 12 seconds). This talent is not included in the base build, but does have some small benefit.

Phytogenesis
    RS is under debate as to whether it's worth the global cooldown cost if you are a main healer, however it is very good to cast before you engage the fight as it does not pull aggro. I personally like to keep RS up because that is then a 30% chance on hit that you will be healed for 100% of the damage you deal. If you do 300dps, this means roughly 100hps over a prolonged fight. Which is very worth it in my opinion.

Synthesis
    Your only buff that massively increases your healing effectivenes on a single target. This should be cast on your tank.

Tier 4

Raised in Nature

I took this talent, as while it is not a healing increase, it does provide you with some much needed survivability if you gain aggro. 21% of your int is also added to your endurance.

Call of Spring

I did not take this talent, as currently the effect is not providing LGV with any benefit and seeing as LGV is your primary source of healing (I have over 80% from LGV) it is again very circumstantial. It only affects Bloom and Flourish. (Unless this has been changed and I missed it)

Nature's Touch
    Your primary nuke/heal. This should be cast before everything else as it provides 100% of the damage dealt in healing.

Tier 5

Living Shell
    This talent is not included in the base build. This is not to say it is not good though.

Unleashed Abandon
    This talent affects Wild Abandon, a dispel used for root/snare effects. As such 3 seconds more on an already 8 second buff, is not needed for PvE.

Natural Fusion

75% more healing from Synthesis brings it up a large amount and is very important.

Tier 6

Enduring Tether

If someone is dying more than every 5 minutes, something is going wrong, either with the fight, or with them. A 4 minute combat res, rather than 5, is not worth 2 points.

Wild Growth
    Only a 1.5 second cast, consumes very little charge, and is quite helpful on both group healing in raids and also for kiting packs of trash/adds around for a short time, if you gain aggro.

Destructive Growth
    Increasing the slow effect by 10% for 2 points is not worth it, does not affect healing.

Empathic Bond

This talent is not included in the base build. This is not to say it is not good though.

Tier 7

Essence Surge

Your only fast response, low-to-high heal. Use with caution as is decreases your damage done by 50% for 12 seconds. Use this time to cast your other heals if necessary, as they will be much more potent during this phase.

Warlock Tree

Tier 1

Imp. Life Leech

You won't be using Life Leech.

Magical Affinity
    25% more charge means you can use EV 25% more during a fight.

Imp. Void Bolt
    You won't be using Void Bolt.

Tier 2

Neddra's Tortune

Useless for a healer.

Lingering Pain
    Requires Imp. Life Leech, and neither spell will be used.

Opportunity
    10% chance that your next spell is instant cast. This will dramatically increase your healing, giving you instant VS and NT.

Tier 3

Draining Bolt
    You won't be needing this, as a Ruin/VS will heal you more.

Neddra's Influence

Increases DoT damage by 15%, plus 0.6% for every point in the Warlock tree. In this case 30 points equates to 15+(0.6*30) = 33% more DoT damage. This will increase the potency of your healing too, as the first tick of Ruin and VS DoT will heal for ~20% of their damage. This increases that heal. You will also gain WV damage from this.

Vitality 2/5
    Filler points, 4% more health from this though (not Endurance, health).

Tier 4

Dark Fury
    Such a short stun isn't really needed in PvE. Plenty of other classes can stun and interrupt.

Potency
    5% Spell Crit means LGV heals for more on those crits. Not much else to say on this one.

Neddra's Grasp
    Death damage is not important in Chloromancer healing.

Tier 5

Imp. Dark Fury

As above.

Shadow Life

Dark Power

10% spell damage = 10% more healing.

Tier6

Radiate Death
    Not needed at all.

Improved Warlock Armor
    10% more damage = 10% more healing when WA is up, WA also heals you every time you take damage, for small amount admittedly, but it still helps.
    Last edited by Fiera; 03-12-2011 at 05:09 PM.
    http://tbh.org.uit.no/
    Steam - spiderxjz82

Rifter
    Guild
    The Fuzz

Your Spells & Abilities

Utility & Buffs:

Chloromancer

Radiant Spores - Applies a debuff to the enemy which has a 15% chance on hit to heal allies for 100% of the damage done. This is increased to 30% with points in Phytogenesis. Try and keep this debuff applied, but do not prioritise it over dd spells if your group or tank is low on health.

Entropic Veil - Gives you a buff that increases damage done by 10% (19% with Empowered Veil). Consumes charge when used. Use this when your charge hits full, only save it if you know a high damage portion of the fight is very quickly approaching.

Lifegiving Veil - Buffs you to enable healing through damage. Initially 50% of DD, and 60% of the first tick of a DoT for life spells is healed. This is increased by Empowered Veil (+80%). If you forget this buff it's bad news.

Synthesis - Your main tank buff, increases healing taken through LGV by 150%, increased by Natural Fusion (+75%). If you forget this, it's worse news.

Nature's Cleansing - Cleanses 1 disease, poison or curse.

Wild Abandon - Frees the target from root and snare effects and grants them immunity from both for 8 seconds.

Natural Conversion - Places a ward on the enemy, which, on their next spell cast, will heal their target for 200% of the damage it dealt. This effectively turns whatever the target is casting into a heal, so long as the ability would not kill their target outright. Useful if you can predict a large damaging spellcast.

Seed of Life - Your resurrect.

Soul Tether - Your in combat resurrect.

Living Shell - Shields you while restoring 2% mana/sec over 30 seconds, to a total of 60%. 2 minute cooldown.

Empathic Bond - Returns mana equal to 10% of the damage dealt to the ally affected by Synthesis buff. Lasts 30 seconds, 3 minute cooldown.

Warlock

Warlock Armor - Deals DD to attackers and heals you for a small portion of the damage dealt. Increases damage by 10% through Improved Warlock Armor. You want this active at all times.

Dark Armor - A weaker, lower tier, version of WA.

Neddra's Might - Endurance raid buff.

Wither - Reduces target's movement speed by 70%. Your slow spell.

Sacrifice Life: Mana - Earlier on in the levels, you will use this to reclaim your mana, however at higher levels when/if you gain Living Shell and Empathic Bond, you will find the need to use this less and less.

Sacrifice Life: Damage - Deals 15% of your health in damage to you, and gives you 10% increased damage for 15 seconds. Very useful to use if you are at high health and you have no charge for EV.

Fear - Quite simply a fear.

DD Spells

Chloromancer

Nature's Touch - Your main nuke with cast time and cooldown, heals for full damage through mechanics of its own.

Vile Spores - Secondary nuke with cast time.

Ruin - Instant cast life damage spell with cooldown.

Nature's Fury - Large nuke with cast time and cooldown that chains to nearby enemies. Heals through LGV are diminished as it counts as an AoE.

Withering Vines - DoT spell with cast time, dealing damage and healing through mechanics of its own (not through LGV).

Warlock

Life Leech - DoT with cast time. Does damage and heals the caster. You won't be using this.

Dark Touch - Instant cast DoT. You won't be using this.

Void Bolt - Main warlock nuke, you won't be using this as chloro though.

Devouring Shadows - Placed AoE, damages up to 8 enemies.. This is possibly the only spell you will use as a chloro, as it is channeled so you can stop at any point, does fairly decent damage and is helpful on AoE packs. You probably won't use this if you are the main healer though.

Mortality - Channeled PBAoE which deals damage to 5 nearby enemies, healing the caster for all damage dealt, cumulatively. Consumes charge. This can be a decent spell, but only if you are off healing (or main healing and there are no other mobs), the mobs around you have minimal health left, you have aggro and may die and you are certain you can pull it off.

Heals

Chloromancer

Bloom - 2 second cast single target heal for a large amount, 10 second cooldown.

Flourish - 2 second cast AoE heal for a mediocre amount, 20 second cooldown.

Essence Surge - Heals an ally for 100% of their health but reduces the damage you deal for 12 seconds

Wild Growth - 1.5 second cast. Heals allies 15 meters away over 12 seconds and slows enemies by 50%. Consumes Charge.

Warlock

Reconstruct - Channeled. Heals the caster for a large amount while consuming charge. Easily interrupted.

How to Use Them

You need LGV, Warlock Armor, and Neddra's Might always buffed on yourself and Synthesis buffed on your main heal target.

Your primary nuke will be NT, use it whenever off cooldown. Ruin should then be used if off cooldown, then VS as your standard nuke. It is debatable whether as a main healer WV is worth keeping up. More often than not, it's not, but as an off healer it may be worth the extra dps to boost to use.

Try and keep Radiant Spores up at all times, if it drops off for a short time though, it's not the end of the world.

To regain mana, at lower levels, you should be using SLM as you have no other means of mana regen. Later on, start using Living Shell and Empathic Bond when you need mana. Empathic Bond will, more often than not return more mana.

When your charge is full, use EV, when it is depleted and you need a damage boost, use SLD.

If your tank starts getting very low and you need a very fast pick up, use Essence Surge, save your heals for after the surge though, not before if you can, as you will not have as much spell damage during that phase, this will shift the decision as to whether to damage or heal over to the healing spells.

I hope this helps all budding Chloromancers out there.

Any suggestions or queries don't hesitate to post them up. I may have missed some small points out.

Fiera
    Steam - spiderxjz82

Rifter
    Fiera, I love the build, however, I have a few questions. As someone who only recently switched over to a chloromancer, I am struggling to find the right cycle. With the different cooldowns and what not, what would be the best cycle to use when, say, soloing mobs on your own? The reason I ask is because I have watched some chloros absolutely dominate multiple mobs at the same time, but I struggle to fight 2-3. As of now I am level 37, so I understand I may not have everything available to me - but as of now, this spec I am using to level. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Rifter
    Guild
    Full Circle
    Quote Originally Posted by Malisk View Post
    Fiera, I love the build, however, I have a few questions. As someone who only recently switched over to a chloromancer, I am struggling to find the right cycle. With the different cooldowns and what not, what would be the best cycle to use when, say, soloing mobs on your own? The reason I ask is because I have watched some chloros absolutely dominate multiple mobs at the same time, but I struggle to fight 2-3. As of now I am level 37, so I understand I may not have everything available to me - but as of now, this spec I am using to level. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    Gonna take a stab at this :P

The build Fiera is discussing is geared towards a group role. For soloing, you'd probably use some different spells - especially if AoEing. You'd probably use more Warlock spells like the Warlock AoE that heals you (Mortality?). Along with LGV and Radient Spores on all the mobs you are fighting, you are pretty darn survivable.

Edit: Soul Purge is necro spell, not Warlock - duh!
    Last edited by taho; 03-14-2011 at 12:45 PM. Reason: hadn't finished my coffee

Rifter
    I definitely understand what you're saying, and thanks for the help. Any chance you would have a link to any build like that + the cycle you would use for it?

Rifter
    Guild
    The Fuzz
    I personally prefer this base build for PvE solo'ing. I tended not to solo as a chloro, as while it has great survivability, it tends to lack on the damage in a solo situation.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...Vtkzk.jeMh0VVx
    Steam - spiderxjz82