+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Rift Junkie Admin
    Shard
    Reclaimer
    Guild
    Fires of Heaven

Puzzle and Cairn Location Map

In each zone in RIFT there is a Cairn and a Puzzle. When you either find or complete each one you will be rewarded with a level appropriate rare or epic item most of the time. We already have guides up for each of the puzzle solutions, now we're giving you the locations of all them in a single map. A note for all the Carins, some of them are difficult to get to so you'll have to figure out exactly which angle you wish to approach them. Most of the time if you zoom in on the map, in-game, you'll be able to see the best approach.

Good luck!

Click on the image for a larger view of the map.

Rifter
    Guild
    No guild.
    Scarlet Gorge cairn location is listed in the legend, but not marked on the map.

Thanks for this. I had a handful of locations randomly saved places, but it's great to have these all in one place.

Oh, noticed one more thing, you are missing one in Lake of Solace. There are 8 there. However, not all 8 give rewards.
    Last edited by Astemus; 03-11-2011 at 01:13 PM.

Main Character
    Sariena
    Shard
    [EU] Icewatch PvE
    Guild
    Soul Society
    Awesome, I better start looking for them, so far I've just located and completed the Silverwood puzzle.

Rifter
    Guild
    Fury

Scarlet Gorge Cairn

Unless I'm missing something not only is the Scarlet Gorge cairn not shown on the map but the coordinates place it very close to the gloamwood cairn. I think the coordinates are wrong too.

Rifter
    Guild
    No guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by K_osss View Post
    Unless I'm missing something not only is the Scarlet Gorge cairn not shown on the map but the coordinates place it very close to the gloamwood cairn. I think the coordinates are wrong too.
    You are correct, I missed that. The Scarlet Gorge cairn has been the scariest to get so far for me, going around and around that butte and jumping onto platforms smaller than me. Glad they added these.

Rifter
    Guild
    No guild.
    The old chest is not on your map.
    For the seeking solace achievement, the old chest is at 6422,6432

Rifter
    Guild
    No guild.
    Just to let you know, directions based on map text aren't accurate. The labels on the map scale differently when you zoom in and out of the map. So if you're zoomed really far in, the spot that's just below the L in Lake of Solace is very far away from where it would be if you're zoomed further out. You should just stick with coordinates.

Rifter
    Main Character
    Jeter
    Shard
    MillRush
    Guild
    Heroic

GloamWood Cairne

The coordinates for the Cairne are wrong on the map, they are 5572, 3209

Thumbs up Question on reward max levels???

Does anyone know if the puzzles also have a max level requirement or can you save them all for lvl 50? Also some of the Cairns do not have lvls listed like the ones in the lake, do we know what the max lvls of those are? Very helpful post btw!

Rifter
    Guild
    Dumplings

More

One more hidden treasure in Scarlet Gorge - 4658, 3095.
    entrance to "serpentine" near 4713, 3090

Rifter
    Guild
    Downfall
    moonshade highlands cairn location exactly is 5348, 2239

Rifter
    Guild
    Testament of Blood
    Fyi as i was questing in Moonshade I decided to go and look at the puzzle at hammerknell. Well the roof right across the telescope where you get the achievement for "Hammerknell" ( something like this is a great place the spy..." well yea i jumped on top of the roof and fell in to the wall and got stuck in an imaginary wall. I make a message for the dev and tech support but just look out for it.

Moonshade cairn located at 6335,2330 is actually the Silverwood cairn with max lvl of 30. Did this one last night at lvl 45 and got a 30 shield.

Also could someone at RJ please update this with the corrections it would be nice. There are many errors as people have pointed out.

Its been a great help ty.
    Shard = Aedraxis

Rifter
    Guild
    Bloodthirst

scarwood second number

3630/2755 ....2755 puts you in scarlet gorge and well out of scarwood. On the map it shows these numbers being close to the shoreline that is not correct at least for the second number

Main Character
    Vyre
    Shard
    Rocklift
    Guild
    The Fifth Column

Stonefield Location?

Can anyone please tell me how to get up to the Cairn at 5330,5370 in Stonefield. I have tried for two days to find a route with no luck. It seems that the coordinates put you more in Freemarch, are the coordinates correct?

Rifter
    Guild
    No guild.

Correction On An Old Chest Location.

The Missing Cairne for Seeking Solace Archievement. An old Iron chest, is around 6422,6432 But not in lake of solace Zone. but in the shimmersand Part of the lake.

Rifter
    Guild
    No guild.

Lake of Solace - A Lost Soul

Didn't see this one on your map for Lake of Solace and didn't notice anyone else reporting it. It's called "A Lost Soul" and it's a Leather Armored Skeleton in the deep trenches located at approx. 5868 , 6222 at the bottom of the trench.

Main Character
    Creepyz
    Shard
    Faeblight
    Guild
    Collegium

Awesome guide

Thank you for all your hard work Much appreciated

Its not what you do, but how sneaky you can do it....

Rifter
    Guild
    Fluffy Bunnies

Another in the Lake

My sons warrior, Yosef on Shadefallen, found a "Lost Soul" with another wet sac (max level 30) at 5871, 6224.

Marb

Rifter

Missing Cairn in Scarlet Gorge

This one is a chore or fun to get to depending on your viewpoint. It's on top of the very tall butte at 2027,1200. It takes a lot of careful jumping to get to the top. Nice view.