Guild Database RIFT Dev Tracker RIFT Combat Parser
Become a Premium Junkie!
+ Reply to Thread
    Rifter
    Guild
    Detox

Any BiS Gear Lists for Warrior Tanks and DPS??

Has anyone found a reputable gear list for Warr's? I've been searching and have not found one that is current.

Rifter
    Guild
    Odium
    hey kurrupt. do you play WOW and use the name kurrupt?

Rifter
    Guild
    Detox
    Yep, Played on Arthas-Alliance

Rifter
    Guild
    Odium
    o ok. i got a buddy i played with on horde side. warrior type. o well i hope someone answers this post for you.

Rifter
    Main Character
    Shuu
    Shard
    Dayblind
    Guild
    Ethereal
    This may be what you're looking for, for DPS

http://tinyurl.com/43qqmar

Rifter
    Guild
    Detox
    I found that spreadsheet, but it's all leather gear. Rogues tend to get a bit upset when your rolling on their 1h weps in preparation for 1.3. I don't wanna add to that fire by rolling on their armor also. Certainly there is a plate BiS list?!

Rifter
    Main Character
    Shuu
    Shard
    Dayblind
    Guild
    Ethereal
    It's got leather and plate, just disregard the leather if you don't want to roll in it?

Rifter
    BiS

only plate/swords, polearms or maces

pick one.

ugh i'm looking for a good write up on stats to stacks as warrior dps to explain to a couple rogue sin my guild that dps wars need dex/crit over str/ap on pieces including lessers.

unfortunately during beta someone decided to google bomb a blog post abotu how str gives crit or something and everyone else everywhere argues that non rb war dps should also stack ap/str over dex/crit.

and then there's another issue for an other forum i just ran into this weekend with bad stat advice.

i go into rift irc channles on difefrent servers and stat stacking strats are common knowledge for every class.

everywhere else it's "classes called warrior must ONLY roll on armour called gear"

it's driving me insane!

Rogue Junkie
    Guild
    No guild.
    Best in slot for dps will be rogue gear. Will it piss off your rogues. You bet. Now for my educated opinion on why you should leave the rogue gear to the rogues:

1) You will piss off people and factions within your guild may start by infringing on rogue gear.
    2) At some point in the raid you will be hit by physical damage. The armor you lose on plate gear will mean you get hit for more. If you die because of this when you shouldn't have, I will troll you all the harder.
    3) Total raid dps growth over the period of 1 month or 3 months, factored on gear alone, may be lower if you take rogue gear. We start to see warriors sitting full on two types of gear while rogues are still fishing for pieces they could use. Eventually 3-4 months down the line, warriors have both plate AND leather and rogues are still trying for leather too.
    4) This skews dkp. Warriors use dkp to take rogue drops, then when warrior-only items drop: 2h, shield, plate, shit-that's-not-daggers with slow-swing speed and lots of str/block, you guys get that too, uncontested, after you already used ur dkp for our shit.
    5) Even though dex>str for warriors and rogues, rogues make more use out of dex.
    6) More rogues generally in a raid = even less chance to gear out your guild as a whole for upcoming encounters/raids. Warriors getting double gear chances and rogues still fighting for 1/2 of the pie. It's the equivalent of you eating half the pie then fighting us for the other half. The total rogues in raids can also add to the dkp issue, especially if decay is invovled. Decayed dkp means rogues wait and wait for pieces to drop and have the highest rate of decay when competing with half a raid.
    7) Rogues are loot whores too. (Correctly assuming if you bring up daggers and leather drops as a warrior you are truly a loot whore yourself, and proving you will infringe on any loot if it's a slight upgrade for you). Rogues won't forget your the jerk who took their loot, xfered servers when you got full, and are now enjoying a plush new raiding environment. They might show up to where you live and spray-paint "Gay" all over your 2002 Convertible Chrysler Seabring bright-ass orange.
    8) If warriors are using dkp on rogue gear, rogues are using dkp on the officers' gear. Guild fails, then good luck to everyone except the warriors who took an extra three pieces of rogue gear on top of their free-handed 4 pieces of plate/2h/shields. They'll move on and have duped anyone who allowed them to roll on shit that doesn't say plate, 2h, shield, or str>dex.
    9) Trion will probably do some mean shit to guilds that allow this and force warriors into using shit that the rogues said were warrior shit all along. Thus, all the rogue gear warriors have will go to rot, and then even more hate will ensue.
    10) There is a reason that trion envisioned str>dex on some weapons like 1h swords and maces and created plate for one class. Because those things were designed for a class (warriors) that does not rely on weapon speed for poison procs, can also dps using a 2h weapon, makes more use of str, and only class that can wear plate. Sure things are a little imba, but taking rogue-type when worthwhile people in guild still need it gimps peoples' attitudes, if not the raid environment.

Rogue Junkie
    Guild
    No guild.
    11) You will still be using your imba 2h 3-shot in pvp; while I am attempting to backstab you with less-than-what-is-in-your-fucking-bag-rotting.

Rifter
    Guild
    Detox
    There is the first angry rogue. Well with 1.3 Trion successfully screwed the system yet again, by nerfing dps warr's BM/Champ spec. So now we need 2x1h's to stay viable and top charts. However the 1h weps are all dex heavy, unless dps warr's are expected to use tanking weps =\. To curb this I implemented a "Daggers are for Rogues only" rule, and allowed DPS Warr's to roll on 1h Axes/Maces that are dex heavy but have a slower swing speed, and A "Leather only when no rogue wants it" rule. Thus hoping to smooth out any imperfections Trion is trying to force on us by not making any Para DPS Weps for Warr's with more balanced Dex/Str Weps.

Rift Junkie Staff
    Shard
    Byriel - Defiant
    Guild
    Dark Horizon
    Slightly old post, but I've been becoming fond of this one. It's missing a lot, but it's being developed pretty quickly. http://goo.gl/RYk3j

Rifter
    Guild
    Detox
    That's a nice one, Cant wait til they add in Armor. Thanks Naria.

Rifter
    Guild
    No guild.
    Anyone have a BiS list for tanking weapons?

Rifter
    Guild
    Zelandonii
    I made this for my fellow warriors in guild

Xtreme DPS

Might as well share it,

If its any use

Vik

Rifter
    Guild
    No guild.
    I've been keeping this list up to date recently, including some of the stuff I'm seeing on PTR for tanking:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Dh3UTJzU1dRLXc

At the moment you won't find some of the HK drops, but if you're just starting out that doesn't really matter to you.