Guild Database RIFT Dev Tracker RIFT Combat Parser
Become a Premium Junkie!
+ Reply to Thread
    Rifter
    Guild
    Meiva

Top Rogue Builds

I'm looking at top rogue builds on the soul tree calculator page and the top range DPS build is mostly Ranger (here is the link http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?rift...0x0V0c.0VMcx0b ). First off, if your pet dies you do less DPS than a 51 marksman build. This is bad news on AoE damage boss fights that destroy your pet. Also, in this spec people are picking up Serrated Blades. When I tried out the Serrated Blades talent before, it doesn't proc from range attacks. So, these people are dropping 3 points on something useless. Hell, Cloak and Dagger worthlessness for PvE damage is superior than just wasting 3 points there. Just wanted to add my 2 cents

I would love to hear what others have to say. I would suggest a 51 Marks build and I'll link it here. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...RqdAudR.V0xM.c
    You could also drop the three points I dropped into Riftstalker into a side soul of Ranger for crit. I just like having the Shadow Shift ability.

Rifter
    Guild
    No guild.
    what do you think of this build

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...udR..Vrc0uczoz

pop hit and run and spam empowered shotx2->deadly shot
    normally needing a filler for one combo point, here you would gain the chance to forget about that by adding in the ability of 3 points of opportunity where every finisher gives you a combo point

you also gain the ranger ability of instincts adding AP to your score

also rain of arrows is my favorite AoE(havent really tested to see which AoE is best)
    also i didn't know the best to put for a third soul so i just threw sin in there for the poison weapon enchant

again this is just a long ranged rogue spec, would love to hear feedback

edit: the only flaw on this is you do not get the +30% damage pedestal but honestly in the later dungeons and experts, how often do you get to actively stay on them to keep your buff
    Last edited by metalucipher; 05-15-2011 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metalucipher View Post
    also rain of arrows is my favorite AoE(havent really tested to see which AoE is best)
    also i didn't know the best to put for a third soul so i just threw sin in there for the poison weapon enchant

again this is just a long ranged rogue spec, would love to hear feedback

edit: the only flaw on this is you do not get the +30% damage pedestal but honestly in the later dungeons and experts, how often do you get to actively stay on them to keep your buff
    I can't see the build since I'm at work, but I figured I'd address a couple things.

Rain of Arrows is great DPS if there are 5 or more mobs in camp, if there are only 2-4, spamming Trick Shot is better dps. But if you are just doing a "trash clearing" AE build, 44 Sab build does significantly more AE DPS very easily.

Pedestal isn't hard to keep up in any of the dungeons, I've not raided though. Once you leave the pedestal you get the buff for 15 seconds (takes a tick or two to activate timer so it is more like 18 seconds) and to refresh you just have to step over the pedestal on the ground again. Can be annoying sometimes but I've not had really any issues keeping the buff on me through T1's and T2's.

Lyr
    Rifter
    Main Character
    Lyr
    Shard
    Nyx
    Guild
    Strenght in Numbers
    well 31r/18MM/17ass is the current top ranged build atm. as to the pet dieing it shouldnt with 65%aoe reduction mine doesnt die unless i do something dumb like leave it in a aoe that kills in 1 shot like hylas's whirlwind thing or the tornado boss's aoe in CC. as to serrated blades it sucks but you need it to reach the top of the ass tree. but thats only 3 wasted points in your 51 MM build you are wasting 13 points on useless garbage just to get the 30% damage increase.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...hxoVzAudR.V0xz is the MM build i normally use, only reason to go 51 is you need a purge, its a fair bit above the dps of the 51MM build. lastly the ranger build does a solid 70dps self buffed above my MM build but the gap gets much bigger as you get into a longer fight 5min+ and the fact that you are basically doubling your buffs from other class's due to your pet. and you will use the pedestal all the time or you gimping yourself.
    Last edited by Lyr; 05-16-2011 at 05:01 AM.

Rifter
    Guild
    No guild.
    What is everybody's opinion on this one:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...0o.VMccuxkck.V
    32/29/5
    Marks/ranger/sab

Rifter
    Main Character
    DoublyRandom: Rogue tank!
    Shard
    Todrin
    Guild
    Tiger Blood
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    What is everybody's opinion on this one:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...0o.VMccuxkck.V
    32/29/5
    Marks/ranger/sab
    A good basic build, some nice aoe, and reasonable single target dps; but it does not excel at anything. Another problem I see is you don't have improved hit and run, which is an amazing cooldown. Id take the 5 mostly useless points in sab and put them in mm along with one point taken from ranger. The problem I have with sab, is it seems like a horrible off spec, as most of its talents and passives only affect that classes mechanics. I never play sab because of this, so that could be complete bullshit.

Rogue Junkie
    Guild
    No guild.
    My nightblade spec, bd spec, and sabo spec all do more dps than any ranger or marksman combo. If this is a top rogue builds thread, why so many ranged convos? Also, a tank spec should be listed in a top rogue build thread, as rogue tanks are the shit when it comes to raid bosses.

I have a feeling there are so many ranged convos because these are easy-mode builds where you don't even have to think or be quick on the feet, you just stand and shoot unless there's an aoe or mushroom spawning under you. This does not however, make them the top rogue builds. It just means they are popular because most rogues make mistakes when they are to be within a mobs hitbox.

Melee > Ranged
    Last edited by suckit; 05-26-2011 at 09:34 AM.

Rogue Junkie
    Guild
    No guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoublyRandom View Post
    A good basic build, some nice aoe, and reasonable single target dps; but it does not excel at anything. Another problem I see is you don't have improved hit and run, which is an amazing cooldown. Id take the 5 mostly useless points in sab and put them in mm along with one point taken from ranger. The problem I have with sab, is it seems like a horrible off spec, as most of its talents and passives only affect that classes mechanics. I never play sab because of this, so that could be complete bullshit.
    Sabo is currently among the highest sustained single target and aoe damage for a rogue. Hell, self-buffed with my sabo build i break 640 AP and 1140 Crit.

Lyr
    Rifter
    Main Character
    Lyr
    Shard
    Nyx
    Guild
    Strenght in Numbers
    Quote Originally Posted by suckit View Post
    Melee > Ranged
    yes and no right now im pulling 1.2-1.3k(ranged sab) rogue with comparable gear is pulling 1.3-1.5k(melee sab) also he pulls about the same as me in his other specs besides sabo as it stands sab is kinda bugged at least melee sab because your charges arnt eating the BD buff cant remember the name off the top of my head and will probably be fixed. secondly every rogue cant be melee you are over working your healers not to mention infighting between every rogue for melee weapons. melee may do a bit more then ranged but its a trade off you pay for higher survivability for a bit less dps its a trade off not just a static Melee>ranged each has pro's and con's.

Rogue Junkie
    Guild
    No guild.
    Just yes. As you said, you are a ranged sabo rogue and your melee counterpart is pulling more dps. You also say you are saving your healers, why isn't he too if that's so important? My guess, it's because he knows what he's doing within the boss's hitbox and you make mistakes/don't want to do the footwork required to truly maximize, thus taking the safer way out. What I am getting at. Sounds like he has a top rogue build, while you have a build that is generally accepted, but not top.

Our raid downs content without healers being overwhelmed, and we run all rogues except the bard within melee range unless the specific fight calls for ranged, the top build still being melee. Just sayin.

Rifter
    Guild
    No guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoublyRandom View Post
    I dont know the stats of endgame, but I kind of figured that 15% dex would trump the cooldown in the long run.

The build is designed to pick up every ability that buffs ranged dps and a chunk that buff your pet as well, the only one you dont get is the cooldown in favor of 15% dex.

What is the DPS difference between the raptor and the razorbeast? Is it significant?
    Is there any other class that can keep piercing shot up (or something like it)?

Rifter
    Guild
    No guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by suckit View Post
    My nightblade spec, bd spec, and sabo spec all do more dps than any ranger or marksman combo. If this is a top rogue builds thread, why so many ranged convos? Also, a tank spec should be listed in a top rogue build thread, as rogue tanks are the shit when it comes to raid bosses.

I have a feeling there are so many ranged convos because these are easy-mode builds where you don't even have to think or be quick on the feet, you just stand and shoot unless there's an aoe or mushroom spawning under you. This does not however, make them the top rogue builds. It just means they are popular because most rogues make mistakes when they are to be within a mobs hitbox.

Melee > Ranged
    Do you have a link to yor spec?