Guild Database RIFT Dev Tracker RIFT Combat Parser
Become a Premium Junkie!
+ Reply to Thread
    Rifter

Camera Distance.

Anyone know if you can increase the camera distance , i think it's not far enough. Sometimes i can't see my damage numbers over bosses (usually the big mobs in the invading events).

Rifter
    I've been wondering this as well - I've seen some PVP videos with a large Field of View, but I haven't been able to find where to change it.

Rifter
    Guild
    Shattered Sky
    I am wondering this myself, would love more distance especially as a main tank.

Main Character
    Cleric - Inquisicar
    Shard
    [US] Sunrest - RP PvP
    Guild
    < Exiled >
    I am sure the information will be made available as soon as the game is launched.

| Rift Watchers | Exiled Guild Site | Rift Junkies | The Sanctum |
    Shard Firsts
    5/5 Greenscale's Blight: Duke Letareus, Infiltrator Johlen, Oracle Aleria, Duke Hylas, Greenscale
    5/5 River of Souls: Warmaster Galenir, Plutonis the Immortal, Herald Gaurath, Alsbeth the Discordant, Dark Focus (x3)
    4/4 Gilded Prophecy: Anrak the Foul, Guurloth, Thalguur, Uruluuk

Rifter
    Guild
    No guild.
    Mousewheel up and down zooms your camera distance. At least thats how it was in beta. I'm sure thats still in the live client as mousewheel up and down are one of the binds that you cant change.

Main Character
    Cleric - Inquisicar
    Shard
    [US] Sunrest - RP PvP
    Guild
    < Exiled >
    He means further than that. In wow, there is a script you can use to make your camera distance longer even still. We are wondering if there is a similar such script for rift.

Shard Firsts
    5/5 Greenscale's Blight: Duke Letareus, Infiltrator Johlen, Oracle Aleria, Duke Hylas, Greenscale
    5/5 River of Souls: Warmaster Galenir, Plutonis the Immortal, Herald Gaurath, Alsbeth the Discordant, Dark Focus (x3)

Rifter
    Guild
    Sensimillia
    Yeah.. I actually use MouseWheel Up & MouseWheel Down as my Interrupt/Gap Closer abilities in MMO's.. Normally have Zoom bound to F5/F6. We really need a /maxcameradistance macro, or a way to bind the camera zoom to something else.

I remember seeing a few players zoomed out pretty far, at least farther than I am right now, in some Beta streams.
    It's a pain in the butt having to choose between the UI's 3 default views which are kinda like: Close, Closer, and First Person Shooter view. Right now I'm thinking of resetting my keybinds to default, zooming out the camera to a comfortable distance, then resetting my bindings.

Anyone else have any better ideas?

Main Character
    Errn
    Shard
    Shatterbone
    Guild
    Get In The Van
    ew that sucks, I assume this is a bigger problem for the melee? I play a caster and now that you mention it, some of the taller bosses (war golems. etc) are shoved off the top of the screen. I usually would just tilt my camera angle upwards and eat some grass just to see it haha. I don't think you can do that if you're that close and up in his business. They should implement a "cascade" option so the #'s fall around you instead of coming out of the boss' head.

That's just by two cents, keep posting if you find a fix!

Main Character
    Cleric - Inquisicar
    Shard
    [US] Sunrest - RP PvP
    Guild
    < Exiled >
    Quote Originally Posted by Errn View Post
    They should implement a "cascade" option so the #'s fall around you instead of coming out of the boss' head.

That's just by two cents, keep posting if you find a fix!
    I totally agree. With the lack of a dps meter (aside from the parser) this is the only way to tell if you are doing well or not. Having the numbers come from your head would make it easier to see how you are doing.

Shard Firsts

Main Character
    Errn
    Shard
    Shatterbone
    Guild
    Get In The Van
    I personally haven't had any complaints about the game so I am unsure where to go for official "do this not that" submissions. I'll be happy to suggest it directly to Trion if anyone's got a starting place for me.

On a side note, this is my first day back to work since the headstart launch and I think I need to go to rehab already...oye this is painful LOL!