Guild Database RIFT Dev Tracker RIFT Combat Parser
Become a Premium Junkie!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Pyro Spec

Rifter
    Guild
    No guild.

New Pyro Spec

I'm yet to hit 50, but I have a good idea of what works well in the pyromancer tree, and this is also a pretty good leveling build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uchxo.xxohzVVx

First off, you go 31 points into the fire tree for obvious reasons, Heat Wave is a phenomenal DPS increase. You also gain 18.6% from Burning Bright, and the standard 10% from Imp. Flame Bolt. In the Archon Tree you grab 5% more fire damage. Notice I didn't take pyromancer armor, partially because you'll be having opportunity to instant cast Cinder Burst, but also because you'll be running Warlock Armor. (1 Armor active at a time)

This brings me to my warlock tree. First let me state you could take 1 point out of your archon tree for Neddra's Essence if you like. Looking at this tree I choose to get Magical Affinity for increased charge generation. This works great with Internalize Charge in the Pyromancer tree, meaning you'll have it up much more often. In the next tier I went for opportunity, obvious reasoning, instant cast cinderburst. I took Neddra's influence for 1 purpose and 1 purpose alone, Dark Touch. Dark touch does great damage and it is worth the GCD. It essentially does more damage than flame bolt, thus making it worth the cast. Draining bolt is also a good move to have. It does just as much damage as flame bolt will, so it's on your priority list. Potency increases crit, that's good overall. Next we jump into dark power, +10% spell damage, schwing. Lastly, Imp Warlock armor adds 10% more damage, which is 5% more than flame armor and it also goes to all spells.

The priority rotation goes like this.

Opportunity Cinderburst>Countdown>Neddra's Torture>Dark Touch>Draining Bolt>Flame Bolt>Fireball

Always use Inferno when able.

Don't forget you also have Sacrifice Life: Damage. This can sync up well with Heat Wave and Internalize Charge. Combined this makes for some nasty burst damage.

I'm only level 42, but I've done lots of WoW theorycrafting and what not, and the build is pretty simple. If someone wants to run it and tell me how it does that'd be great.

PS: Reasoning for 1/5 smoldering power is that 8 charges means lots of mana saving, and usable in combat will save you a few seconds instead of having to cast sacrifice life:mana a few times.

Enjoy

Rifter
    Guild
    Ennui
    It'll be comparable to a Pyro/Ele spec if you ignore pet damage and buffs. Throw those in, and Pyro/Ele pulls ahead.
    Last edited by Indigostorm; 06-13-2011 at 10:36 AM. Reason: removal of link

Rifter
    Guild
    Blood of Evil
    Well first off the combo of souls is great imo. I have been tryin to play with a pyro main soul build for a while but find myself healing more then dps. I have a decent knowledge of t1/t2 running as dps with my build/s of pyro. I am going to make my own thread with my builds and more of a break down on why I chose what.

The rest is imo and from my own experience:

Pyromancer Armor > Imp Warlock Armor:
    - instant procs for cinder burst, even if already on cd
    - opportunity procs u say can do the same yes, but they do not reset the cd on
    cinder burst and can still be used on instant fireballs

Neddra's Essence > ?

- I have 2 pyro buils with lock. I have this skill in 1 of them and not really sure of a
    dmg increase. but looking at just the skill looks like a great dmg increase that's
    constantly up

Magic Affinity YES!

Opportunity is a great skill to max out!

- great to use on cinder burst if off cd and used on every fireball u can get off with
    the opportunity proc

Neddra's Influence YES!

- Countdown from Pyro soul & Leeching Flames from Archon soul
    - Not too sure about stacking with Withering Flames if u take a 32 pt pyro build
    ( if used which rarely seems more pvp to me but on bosses in t2 I can pound out
    roughly 15-1600 dps for a total of 75% charge)
    - Not to sure if this stacks with Combust in the pyro tree

Flame Bolt > Draining Bolt & Dark Touch

- specially when u get a Wildfire proc - 3 casts with no cd's
    - mixed with Improved Flame Bolt - increases fire damage by 10% so if dmg increase
    is already active u get 3 instants with the increase or at least 2
    - since pyro is ur main skills being used or no real point as they are all fire dmg
    - currently my flame bolts avg hit is 400-700 dps = around 1200-2100 on Wildfire
    proc minus crits and any cd's going at that moment ( internalize charge and maybe
    a trink ) no 30 second cd as with Draining Bolt, only 8 second cd on Flame Bolt and
    more dmg. Dark Touch on ur spec says 256 over time while my Flame Bolt does
    maybe a 150 dps more on 1 cast but also is an instant damage rather then over
    time, combined with a Wildfire proc your still doing 4-5 x the amount of damage in
    roughly 4-5 seconds as 1 Dark Touch doing 256-351 over 16 seconds.
    ( In game my Dark Touch says 351 dmg over 16 secs )

Totally agree with Sacrifice Life: Damage nice for Heatwave bursts.

Potency YES!

Dark Power = depent upon ur personal build

- Overall ofcourse its a great option to put as many points available in it. I currently
    only have 4

Smoldering Power = worthless imo

- can take that point out when paired up with a couple archon buff/skills
    ( Leeching Flames & Exhilaration )
    - specially since u use up your charge for this to a max of 8 charges = 80% charge
    and not usable again until out of combat or 3 minutes. but still not usable again
    while still in combat even if longer then 3 minutes.
    - imo only viable if running thru trash and using your firestorm since you are not
    using your leeching flames. but still only viable if used outside of combat, if and
    when you are out of combat. since rift enjoys keeping people in combat when they
    arent.
    - point better used in flicker or even another aoe ( Backdraft ) since keeping 31
    points into pyro for heatwave
    Last edited by drakeen; 06-17-2011 at 02:38 AM.

Rifter
    Guild
    dubh sian

dots in rift.

i think and have tested all dots to main cast,wenn u stopp ur main cast to dot something it means dps loss.dots are only good for movement bosses.ive done a 51 lock,8 chloro,2 nekro,entropic veil is a great boost ,the rota is so simple life leech void bolt ,alle trinkets and boosters on cd hold,cast sacrifice life 15 sek before 51 lock talent,they don't work together.when u move all instant dots,the great thing ist u can dot when not facing enemy.this ist the easiest to play rift mage,in a raid klima a huge improvement,i used to play sc/ele,by some bosses ur just srun around moving and do ice shear because ur rota is down,now i can do something wenn the boss has 1% life and im the last dd standing.^^still got to try necro/lock see how that goes,probaly to complicated like most builds^^

Rifter
    Guild
    No guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandraoi View Post
    i think and have tested all dots to main cast,wenn u stopp ur main cast to dot something it means dps loss.dots are only good for movement bosses.ive done a 51 lock,8 chloro,2 nekro,entropic veil is a great boost ,the rota is so simple life leech void bolt ,alle trinkets and boosters on cd hold,cast sacrifice life 15 sek before 51 lock talent,they don't work together.when u move all instant dots,the great thing ist u can dot when not facing enemy.this ist the easiest to play rift mage,in a raid klima a huge improvement,i used to play sc/ele,by some bosses ur just srun around moving and do ice shear because ur rota is down,now i can do something wenn the boss has 1% life and im the last dd standing.^^still got to try necro/lock see how that goes,probaly to complicated like most builds^^
    to actually play 51 warlock right , the rotation is harder then any other spec and the dps is worse then the rest.

Rifter
    Guild
    Blood of Evil
    I tried the 51pt lock and found the same as royen.

Rifter
    Guild
    No guild.
    This looks like a very good spec for leveling. One of my friends ran this type of build for a while and was able to solo level very quickly. Some of the points the others bring up are valid, but overall, great job with the build!