Guild Database RIFT Dev Tracker RIFT Combat Parser
Become a Premium Junkie!
+ Reply to Thread
    Rifter
    Guild
    No guild.

Warden / Sentinel / Druid healing builds?

Hi All..

TL;DR: Should i follow a cookie cutter healing spec or should i experiment??

I have just picked up the game after a mate of mine (who is an ex wow player) would not shut up about Rift, being a wow player myself who normally plays a healing class, hearing about priests (clerics) who can tank or dps like a champ got me interested. So a $50 steam purchace later and 2hrs of downloading i find myself logging into this game and choosing the cleric class.

The first three souls i purchased my mate recommended were probally the worst ( Druid / Shaman / Justicar ) and i found that i was running from the GY to my body way too often or being kited like a mofo in pvp so i leveled to 13 (slowly) and made my way to a city and unlocked the rest of the available souls (except the pvp one) picked up a second spec and have decided that i will go back to what i know best, and that is healing.

From what i can tell i have choosen probally one of the least common of healing soul combos and that is Sentinel / Warden / Druid with Warden being the main tree and have not seen a GY since even when accidentally aggroing 5-6 mobs. Most guides that i have read recommend Warden / Sentinel / Purifier is the way to go for a cleric healer so my question is should i conform and go the cookie cutter route or should i experiment a little??

Main Character
    Vyre
    Shard
    Rocklift
    Guild
    The Fifth Column
    I say do what feels good. If it aint broke dont fix it. As a tank, I always enjoy the off-norm healers who get those cool higher point spells/buffs that others never see. Real nice to have someone drop a buff or something else you havent seen used before on you only to find out it is AWESOME! Also, peeps won't see it coming in PvP.

Indigostorm: "Dwarfs are people too." Me: "Maybe 50%, they come up a little short."

Main Character
    Cleric - Inquisicar
    Shard
    [US] Sunrest - RP PvP
    Guild
    < Exiled >
    For leveling, Justicar/Shaman is your best best. For healing in dungeons as you level up, Warden is your best bet.

| Rift Watchers | Exiled Guild Site | Rift Junkies | The Sanctum |
    Shard Firsts
    5/5 Greenscale's Blight: Duke Letareus, Infiltrator Johlen, Oracle Aleria, Duke Hylas, Greenscale
    5/5 River of Souls: Warmaster Galenir, Plutonis the Immortal, Herald Gaurath, Alsbeth the Discordant, Dark Focus (x3)
    4/4 Gilded Prophecy: Anrak the Foul, Guurloth, Thalguur, Uruluuk

Premium Junkie
    Main Character
    Kiryana
    Guild
    Months Behind
    It's all in play style. I'll admit that warden is a very good healing spec but for me I fail at hot management. I am more of a reactionary healer (Probably from playing a tank so long in "that" game) so I run a purifier build. I say try all the trees find the one you like best then find some guides on hear for that spec and use the info from them to build your spec. This game does very well with accepting non cookie cutter specs because of the number of ways you can talent. If you're running consistently in guild runs get with your tank, find out what kind of build he runs, find out what and how many cool downs he has. Cleric tanks, for example, take smoother damage in general so paired up with a warden healer makes for a smooth healing. Some warrior tanks are a bit more spiky like my tank but it pairs well with my purifier heals and smooths out pretty well too. It's all trial and error. I've respecced nearly 75 times for heals alone until I found the spec I like.

Rifter
    Guild
    No guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiryana View Post
    I've respecced nearly 75 times for heals alone until I found the spec I like.
    Yeah i've respeced about 20 times so far and im only level 16, thank christ its free for me atm Hot management is fine for me until i join a raid and i cant see the buffs on people unless i target them which is a PITA.

Premium Junkie
    Main Character
    Kiryana
    Guild
    Months Behind
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Yeah i've respeced about 20 times so far and im only level 16, thank christ its free for me atm Hot management is fine for me until i join a raid and i cant see the buffs on people unless i target them which is a PITA.
    There is an option to show only your buffs/debuffs on the target if you are having problems with them being knocked off by other buffs.

Rifter
    Guild
    One piece
    I leveled a cleric to 42 as a Druid. After experimenting a little I found healing tress as secondary very handy. I recomend you try out a druid sentinel build. The sentinel tree will increase your crit damage as well as give you some very handy heals. And the druid's DPS is very reliable and easy to switch on and off. Plus the druid pets are quite handy.

Main Character
    Palid
    Shard
    Threesprings
    Guild
    Hand of Reckoning
    You are on a PvP server so things are different there. I have a 44 cleric on a PvE server, and 38 Sent, 20 Warden, rest Purifier seems to be a solid way to go. I like the 3s cast time heal from Sentinel to do the bulk of heals. Warden I use mainly for instacast HoTs to patch up others. I do not try to main heal with Warden, nor do I try to raid heal with Sentinel.

If you are getting kited, might want to try the Inquisitar...32 Inquisitor, 24 Justicar, 10 Sentinel. You use life nukes to generate conviction and heal from Justicar. You have ranged nukes if necessary, so if they stand off you nuke and self heal by those nukes. If they close you are rugged and self heal via Justicar tanking attacks. I went for the defensive talents from Justicar, and use doctrine of bliss all the time. For PvP I would get improved Hex and Sanction, and enhance the bolt. Sentinel is last.

Rifter
    Guild
    No guild.
    I rolled a cleric and going with warden/sentinel/druid. im only about lvl 16 right now but I am loving it.

I wouldnt worry too much about the 3rd soul, as in my experience you typically put most of your points in the first 2 souls anyway. trying to balance out a 3rd one might gimp your character overall.

the thing i LOVE about warden is the HoT healing in pvp. I can run around and hot up people without having too much worry about getting notice from dps. The other day I did 5 warfronts in a row and only died twice (in the last one i did). Typically when DPS chase down a healer they give up and move onto a different target if the healer isnt dying.
    Quyen - reaver/paladin/warlord : silkweb server on defiant side.