Guild Database RIFT Dev Tracker RIFT Combat Parser
Become a Premium Junkie!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Guild
    Trinity

Inquisitor Theorycrafting

This thread will be dedicated to the theory crafting of Cleric Caster DPS IE: Cabalist and Inquisitor. Please keep this thread on topic and only post constructive information to improve these builds.

Talents:

Inquisitor Talent Build (More intensive talent breakdown coming)

Rotation & Spell Priority:

Spiritual Deficiency > Fanaticism + Sanction Heretic > Vex > Bolt of Judgment > Bolt of Depravity (When Life and Death Concord Procs.)

Stats & Gearing:

Stat Weights:

1 Wis = .75 SP
    1 Wis = .33/10sec Mana Regen
    1 Int = .25 SP
    1 Int = 1 Crit Rating
    1 Int = 10 Mana
    1 Crit Rating = .038% Chance to Crit
    1 Focus = .10% Chance to Hit the Target. (200 Focus is needed to Hit a level 52 Target)

Stat Priority:
    Focus (Until 200) > Wisdom > Intelligence > Crit Rating > Endurance

Consumables & Runes:

Consumables:
    Flask = Heroic Brightsurge Vial
    Use: Increase Intelligence and Wisdom by 40 for 1 Hour.

DPS Potion = Legendary Bottle of Spellstrikers
    Use: Increase Magical Critical Hit chance by 10% Last 15 Sec. ( 3 Min. Cooldown )

Mana Potion = Mighty Mana Potion
    Use: Restores 2095 mana. ( 3 Min Cooldown )

Runes:
    TBA
    Last edited by Sodex; 03-02-2011 at 11:25 AM.

Rifter
    Guild
    No guild.
    Thanks for the info, particularly the stats.

I'm lvl 26 and really haven't tried out an Inq build. Can someone give me some ideas on where I should be with a Inq/Cab/Sent build pre-level 30, and what my spell priority should be?

Main Character
    Cleric - Inquisicar
    Shard
    [US] Sunrest - RP PvP
    Guild
    < Exiled >
    Anyone mind filling out the soul tree using this site for me please so I can see the build at work. Rift Zam (Although the calculator I would like to use) is blocked for me by the firewall here at work.

http://riftbase.com/calc.php#_1xxx

| Rift Watchers | Exiled Guild Site | Rift Junkies | The Sanctum |
    Shard Firsts
    5/5 Greenscale's Blight: Duke Letareus, Infiltrator Johlen, Oracle Aleria, Duke Hylas, Greenscale
    5/5 River of Souls: Warmaster Galenir, Plutonis the Immortal, Herald Gaurath, Alsbeth the Discordant, Dark Focus (x3)
    4/4 Gilded Prophecy: Anrak the Foul, Guurloth, Thalguur, Uruluuk

Guild
    Trinity
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaxon View Post
    Thanks for the info, particularly the stats.

I'm lvl 26 and really haven't tried out an Inq build. Can someone give me some ideas on where I should be with a Inq/Cab/Sent build pre-level 30, and what my spell priority should be?
    I leveled as a Druid/Justicar, it was much faster and efficient. Less down time and more survivability in my opinion. The justicar heals + Druid Pet = GG.

Sodex
    <Trinity>

Level 50 Cleric on Keenblade

Main Character
    Cleric - Inquisicar
    Shard
    [US] Sunrest - RP PvP
    Guild
    < Exiled >
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodex View Post
    I leveled as a Druid/Justicar, it was much faster and efficient. Less down time and more survivability in my opinion. The justicar heals + Druid Pet = GG.
    I agree. This is currently what I am leveling as. I get ganked all the time by rogue who think that they can kill me in the short time they have me sapped.. But when I break free, I can heal back to full and send my Satyr into a rage, Oak Shield and heal up while in the melee with the rogue.

I would really like to see that Inquisitor build you have. Would you mind filling the other soul calculator out so I can take a look at it please?

Shard Firsts
    5/5 Greenscale's Blight: Duke Letareus, Infiltrator Johlen, Oracle Aleria, Duke Hylas, Greenscale
    5/5 River of Souls: Warmaster Galenir, Plutonis the Immortal, Herald Gaurath, Alsbeth the Discordant, Dark Focus (x3)

Guild
    Trinity
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaymune View Post
    I would really like to see that Inquisitor build you have. Would you mind filling the other soul calculator out so I can take a look at it please?
    The site you linked is blocked by my work so when I get home ill try to do that for you.

Sodex
    <Trinity>

Main Character
    Cleric - Inquisicar
    Shard
    [US] Sunrest - RP PvP
    Guild
    < Exiled >
    Wow. What are the odds. And you can access Rift.zam,com from work? your are lucky. Let me bring it up on my blackberry.

Shard Firsts

Main Character
    Cleric - Inquisicar
    Shard
    [US] Sunrest - RP PvP
    Guild
    < Exiled >
    So I was able to take a look at this build and although it makes us of the Inquisitor's 51 point ability, I am not convinced that this will be the best single target dps. There just seems to be too many abilities in the tree that are not needed for PvE content in order to get to the 51 point ability. Its too bad.

I will try this build and post comments later. When we get an updated Parser I will be able to test out new specs with more success.

Shard Firsts

Guild
    Trinity
    The reason you use 51 points is for the boost in spell power, not the spells. Your passive ability in any tree is amplified for the number of points above 36 in that tree. This is the only reason 51 points is used. But by all means run it thro on dummies and what not because that is what theorycrafting is all about.

Sodex
    <Trinity>

Rifter
    Guild
    No guild.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...EEoVxtzqz.V0xz

This is the Inquisitor build I will be going with for maximum single target DPS. While yes you get a bonus for the more points you put into the tree, that is only for Vex and Sanction Heretic and I believe the extra crit damage and 5% crit will more than make up for it and more.

Guild
    Trinity
    I will test this also, but since most of your damage comes from your dots since they nurfed Bolt of Judgment down in damage, It might still be worth having the 51 points into the tree.

Sodex
    <Trinity>

Rifter
    Guild
    Happy Fun Guyz
    It might be a bit faster to level as Druid/Justicar but it is most certainly NOT more survivable than a Inq/War/Sent build that I use. In Warfronts I’ve been able to fight two players at the same time and come out on top.

Having Vex, Healing Spray and the instant heal from the Sentinel line means you’re really hard to kill. Plus this build can aoe farm like made. I can take on 4 mobs my level or 1 level higher and easily kill them.

Vex, vex, vex, vex, pop Fanaticism, Soul Drain, Circle of Oblivion, 4 dead mobs.

Guild
    Trinity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombtracks View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...EEoVxtzqz.V0xz

This is the Inquisitor build I will be going with for maximum single target DPS. While yes you get a bonus for the more points you put into the tree, that is only for Vex and Sanction Heretic and I believe the extra crit damage and 5% crit will more than make up for it and more.
    OK after looking around it would not be beneficial to get Luminous Gaze because rouges get a poison that do the exact same thing and it will override it every time. In another words its more beneficial to you to get more towards your passive.

Sodex
    <Trinity>

Rifter
    Guild
    No guild.
    OK after looking around it would not be beneficial to get Luminous Gaze because rouges get a poison that do the exact same thing and it will override it every time. In another words its more beneficial to you to get more towards your passive.
    That's one point. I still think the extra crit damage is worth the 5 points in that tree.

Main Character
    Cleric - Inquisicar
    Shard
    [US] Sunrest - RP PvP
    Guild
    < Exiled >
    There are allot of good thoughts here. Will have to look into this.

Shard Firsts

Rifter
    Guild
    November Fifth
    There is no way you can ignore 10 points in the sent tree for the Crit boost. it's a requirement.

Rifter
    As the poster above me mentioned 10 points in sentinel (for the bonus to crit damage) is a very nice addition to the Inquisitor build. I have been running 10/50/6 and while I like it; I lose the longevity that I have running 5/51/10. The reason for this is Sigil of Power in conjunction with Obliterate or Tyranny is a nice boost to our mana. Unfortunately Inquisitor only gets Aggressive Renewal in terms of mana regen, along with a shield that boosts our mana regen in return for a decrease in dps.

Yes, I can use mana potions to keep things rolling. The 10 points in Cabalist seem like they will become more valuable as people gear more. It increases spell damage by 5% and I am assuming (not confirmed) that this scales with gear. If that is the case I'm sure it will outweigh the bonus to crit from Sentinel. Any theory crafters out there up to the challenge? ^_^

Guild
    Trinity
    The 10 points in Cabalist seem like they will become more valuable as people gear more. It increases spell damage by 5% and I am assuming (not confirmed) that this scales with gear. If that is the case I'm sure it will outweigh the bonus to crit from Sentinel.
    The above statment is correct. I tested the following spec in Full teir 1 & 2 Armor, and the spell power out weighs the crit all day long.

Sodex
    <Trinity>

Main Character
    Cleric - Inquisicar
    Shard
    [US] Sunrest - RP PvP
    Guild
    < Exiled >
    Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    It might be a bit faster to level as Druid/Justicar but it is most certainly NOT more survivable than a Inq/War/Sent build that I use. In Warfronts I’ve been able to fight two players at the same time and come out on top.

Having Vex, Healing Spray and the instant heal from the Sentinel line means you’re really hard to kill. Plus this build can aoe farm like made. I can take on 4 mobs my level or 1 level higher and easily kill them.

Vex, vex, vex, vex, pop Fanaticism, Soul Drain, Circle of Oblivion, 4 dead mobs.
    I beg to differ. For leveling, the most survivable build IS the Druid Justicar build. Questing a few levels higher than me (I was 44 and the mobs were 47 and 48 was no problem. The Satyr pet deals allot of damage, the Justicar heals from Reparation and from Doctrine of Loyalty keep the pet alive. You also can have the instant heal from the Druid tree (Balm of the Woods) and the heal from the Justicar tree (Doctrine of Bliss). These all add to the Druids survivability.

Many times I have been ganked by rogues while questing and I find them easy to dispatch. If I can put my Shield of Oak on when I hear the ticking of charges from a Saboteur and am ready to heal with Balm of the Woods, I find they are easy to kill after that.

However, Back on topic.

The inquisitor build that I am using for dungeons provides the best of the Inquisitor single target damage and the AoE ability of Cabalist. I am currently using 5 points for the increased spell power from Sentinel as well.

The build is 45 Inq/16 Cab/5 Sent

For PvP, something like this would be good. 47 Inq/17 Cab/2 Sent

Inquisitor, Cabalist, Sentinel build for PvP has multiple ways of snaring, slowing and confusing the opponents.
    Last edited by Zaymune; 03-07-2011 at 10:59 AM.

Shard Firsts

Premium Junkie
    Guild
    No guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaymune View Post
    For PvP, something like this would be good. 47 Inq/17 Cab/2 Sent

Inquisitor, Cabalist, Sentinel build for PvP has multiple ways of snaring, slowing and confusing the opponents.
    So I haven't PvP'd in previous games and have been enjoying the hell out of it in Rift. I am curious is the best idea to go out right DPS or Healing. Could some utility build be a worth while option?

I was thinking of 38 Inq/16 Ward/12 Sent

My thinking was it provided some of the basic DPS abilities in Inq and gave me a good helping of healing/utility. I just don't have enough experience with PvP to know if the utility is worth the DPS sacrifice?

Bewler

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast